In November, Linux music player Amarok shipped with Magnatune support built-in.
As far as overall sales go, I'm very pleased as they've been strong and consistent.
Here are the stats:
- 473 albums sold through Amarok Since October 31st 2006 to April 20th 2007.
- representing $3579 in purchases
- after the visa processing fee is taken off the top, this is $3,198.84, which then means $320 for Amarok. Annualized, at this current rate, this should be around $1,000 a year for Amarok, and $10,000 for Magnatune, which is absolutely great, as I'm happy to support them.
- I expect that these numbers could easily be 2x to 3x more once the main Linux distros really start shipping with the magnatune support (Suse just started, Ubuntu is about to)
- the sales are very consistent -- a few albums sell because of Amarok almost every day, which suggests the feature is not viewed as a gimmick, but as something that is used regularly. The chart at the right shows how rock-solid reliable they are.