Today (july 4th) I switched Magnatune to a new super-duper server.
We've been running on the same 1.2ghz linux box w/512mb of RAM, since Magnatune started 4 years ago.
The old server worked more-or-less fine, but we did finally run out of disk space (3 drives of 250gb each) and now the new server has 3x the disk space, and is about 60x faster, thanks to having 3gb of RAM in it, and the fastest 750gb SATA drives I could find. I also switched from Red Hat Linux to Ubuntu 7.
Creating a 1h podcast used to take 1.5h on the old machine, now it's about 70 seconds.
Now I have the machine power to roll out some of the new product ideas I've been thinking about.
Also, I've been the only tech guy at Magnatune, doing both sysadmin and all the programming. That's going to change, as I'm hiring some help. More on that when it actually happens.
A few small things still need to be ironed out with the server, such as podcast, song of the day, but part of getting this done was so we could have regular (weekly) podcasts, rather than the once-in-a-while we had before, because creating the podcasts stressed the machine out too much.