This version has a number of significant improvements:
- Better audio: music streaming is with high quality AAC files (previously we streamed mp3s). The "lofi" audio mode is gone, because these AAC files are 1/2 as large as mp3 files, so there is no more need to drop quality when leaving a wifi network. Far fewer audio hiccups when listening with Edge or 3G and better audio quality.
- A search button on artist and album pages
- A new "now playing" button so you can browse music while you listen, and still go back
- members can listen to all albums w/o any commercials, by entering their name and password in the "settings" app. Members also automatically get a higher audio quality streamed to them. More about membership.
- an alphabetical index on albums and artists, so you can quickly jump within the long list.
Here is the search feature in operation. Notice that the search occurs immediately as you type, you don't need to type the entire phrase to get a match. Partial matches are supported:
Here is the new "now playing" button:
Here is the alphabetical index:
On your iPhone settings page, look for a "Magnatune" section:
and enter your membership name and password: