Today we're launching a new company: MoodMixes.
MoodMixes provides background music for business.
Restaurants, offices, clothing stores, hotels, bars, spas, trade shows, theaters, supermarkets, parking lots, art galleries, coffee shops: these are the kinds of businesses who might play our music.
Magnatune has always been in this business, and indeed we've licensed to mall chains in countries such as Italy and Sweden, to chain stores across the UK and America, and to countless small stores. What's changed is that we're now focussing heavily on this use of our music.
MoodMixes has a number of interesting aspects:
2) all rights are included: there's no need to pay any collecting society to play music in your space. We provide an incredibly strong legal guarantee which indemnifies our customers. Even better, if you ever were to have any problems, we'd immediately take over and handle the dispute for you.
3) Free music for your web site. Any blog, shop or restaurant web site can use our music. This isn't limited to companies: anyone who wants music on their web site can use this.
4) a brand new music player which helps you browse the collection, but also rank it (with 1 to 5 stars) and make your own playlists
I'm planning on migrating this player into Magnatune over the summer.
5) an automated "show making" technology which creates multi-hour single shows with seamless cross fades. In addition, each song is volume matched using a technology which analyzes how loud a song is perceived by human beings rather than its mathematical loudness.
6) ten pre-made playlists across ten genres which you can use immediately, or make your own playlists.
and we'll be making more professionally-vetted playlists over time, across many different genres and moods.
7) Both streaming and downloadable files, at any audio quality from 128k MP3s to WAV files.
8) Full album downloads: something no other "music-for-business" company provides
9) Fair-trade-music : our musicians are paid 50% of revenue, just as they are with Magnatune, and this is determined by which songs our clients choose to play.
Drop by and visit MoodMixes!
And, if you like what MoodMixes is about and want to help, I've made some graphical ads you can put on your blog or web site.